- Vera Brooks has had a diversified legal career which has included representing victims of personal injury and domestic battery as well as large corporations in major business disputes. She has defended the rights of her clients by successfully litigating their cases to settlement or trial.
- A resident of Tampa, Florida, Mrs. Brooks received her Juris Doctorate degree from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida, in 2001. In law school, she was appointed by the faculty to the Moot Court Board. During that time, she competed in two International Environmental Competitions against teams from throughout the United States and also International Teams, with her team winning several of the awards.
- Admitted to practice law in Florida in 2001, Vera began her career as an Assistant State Attorney for the 6th Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County, Florida. During her career as a prosecutor, Vera tried numerous jury trials and successfully defended the rights of crime victims. Mrs. Brooks expanded her legal career in 2003 when she joined the reputable law firm of Ruden McClosky where she practiced civil litigation. Three years later, Vera joined The Pansler Law Firm where she began defending the rights of victims; both those who have been involved in automobile accidents and those who have been wronged by medical malpractice. Since 2006, Mrs. Brooks has dedicated her professional career to continuously and vigorously represent victims of auto accidents, medical malpractice and any other type of personal injury.
- Vera is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts, the United States Federal Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States Federal Court for the Northern District of Florida. Mrs. Brooks is a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 2001
- Earned J.D. Stetson University College of Law in 2001
- Graduated summa cum laude from the University of Tirana, Albania, 1995
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Attending Member, Idlewild Baptist Church, Tampa
- Included in the 2010 Florida Rising Stars list (limited to the top 2.5% of Florida attorneys)
- Awarded the 2016 10 BEST FEMALE ATTORNEYS IN Florida by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Rabian M. Brooks III is a graduate of Florida State University (B.S., Finance, 1994) and received his law degree from the University of Florida (J.D., with Honors, 1997). At the University of Florida, Mr. Brooks served as President of the Student Bar Association.
Mr. Brooks concentrates his practice in personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice actions, complex and general commercial litigation, commercial landlord tenant litigation and lease negotiation.
Mr. Brooks represents national, regional and local lending institutions in foreclosure and bankruptcy proceedings relative to matters ranging from complex commercial loans to residential loans. In that representation, he assists clients in asset recovery, loan restructuring negotiations and collateral preservation. Mr. Brooks is licensed in all Florida State Courts, the United States Federal District Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, and Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Brooks represents the interest of individuals and their families who have been injured or suffered the loss of a loved one due to the negligence of others. Through his practice, Mr. Brooks prosecutes and defends the rights of victims in personal injury, wrongful death, slip and fall, and medical malpractice actions.
Mr. Brooks counsels clients on a broad range of commercial landlord tenant issues. He provides his developer and property management clients with counseling directed towards maximizing the performance of their property portfolios.
He has authored and presented materials for continuing legal education on commercial eviction and enforcement of landlord’s lien procedures. He has further presented to members of the financial and real estate industries on foreclosure procedures and related issues.
Mr. Brooks has extensive litigation experience in general commercial disputes. He regularly counsels clients on their rights and responsibilities related to purchase contracts (real and personal property), non-compete covenants, lease agreements, and many other commercial related agreements.
Mr. Brooks is an active member of Tampa/St. Petersburg’s First Team, which is a charitable organization of young professionals that raise funds for the Children’s Dream Fund through sponsoring and holding local fundraising events. He has served as an assistant coach on his sons' Pony League baseball team and is an active participant in local school and community fundraising events.
Shane Warner, Esq.
Shane K. Warner has had a wide-ranging legal career focusing in the areas of Business, Elder Law, Estate Planning and Bankruptcy.
Shane’s Elder Law and Estate Planning practice focuses on developing personalized plans to help families preserve assets and prepare for long-term care situations. What sets this practice apart from the others is Shane’s focus on developing a relationship with his clients. He wants to help you plan for life not just draft an estate plan; therefore, his services do not end when the transactions are completed.
Shane’s business practice focuses on advising clients in all aspects of business development and sustainability, including, management, consulting, litigation, and commercial rights. He is an experienced litigator with a wide range of clients and industries. Prior to joining Brooks & Brooks Law Firm, Shane owned his own law firm which focused on bankruptcy and estate planning preceded by working as associate general counsel for a large national company that sponsored private placement securities offerings and focused on large real estate acquisitions on a national level. Shane is now bringing his extensive background to the firm and looks forward to assisting clients in their personal injury claims.
A native of Idaho, Shane received his law degree from Michigan State University in 2004.
Shane began his career serving a clerkship with the Honorable N. Randy Smith.
Need an Attorney? We're Here to Help!
Click the link to the right to see what the Brooks & Brooks Law Firm can do for you.